Tuesday 22 May 2007

Lip Service

I happen to spend most of my working day sat in an office populated by women.
Lots of women. Fortunately (or unfortunately, according to Mr BeautyLover) there are approximately half a dozen hot boys hanging around. This means a) I can't roll in looking like a troll every morning and b) I have become obsessed with wearing lipbalm at all times.

I've tried them all, I've talked about some of them here - Vaseline, Neutrogena and Rosebud Salve always come out on top with me but, well, just lately, I've been feeling a bit puffed up. Like, hey, I deserve some shit hot lip balm action.

So I went and stuck my finger in a pot of Creme de la Mer The Balm.
And it's amazing.

They say: This luxurious emulsion works on contact to soften roughness, relieve dryness and flaking and help heal seriously dry lips. A patented Lip Lipid Complex is the first line of defense. It delivers moisture, strengthening the lips' minimal moisture barrier and helping to prevent further damage. An essential protein found in the arctic helps insulate vulnerable lip skin from extreme conditions of heat and cold. Mint comforts the lips and enhances the balm with a cool, refreshing flavor. Like Cr̬me de la Mer, the results are immediate Рlips look and feel smoother, softer, plumper Рyet long lasting.

I say: Just like the hot boys at work, I'm in love with something it would not be sensible for me to try and get hold of. The lip balm is rich, instantly absorbed and leaves my lips with a delicate sheen. The last time I flew back from New York, I slathered it on in Duty Free (they love me at JFK) and I hardly needed to top up all the way back.

Now, I keep talking myself out of it but really, I have a sneaking suspicion that I might come back a pot heavier next time I'm in JFK. If you're looking for a really effective, really lovely lip treat and want to spoil yourself a bit, I say go for it. It's got a patented lip lipid complex, people! Do you have that?
No, you do not...

And now I really think about it, there are specifically five hot men at work. Out of five hundred women. Boo.
I'm better off with The Balm.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP